1 November 2008

Wedding Mini-Album with SU! Kindred Spirits Stamp Set
































Here is an example of a mini-album I made to commemorate my friend Wendy's wedding this season.
Supplies:
On a blank mini-album purchased I used the beautiful stamp from my SU! Kindred Spirits Stamp Set. I used the Old Olive and River Rock Ink Pads. Soft clean, rag. Blank tags. Embellishments: red heart, gold corner peel-ons.
Technique:
1) First I prepared the pages by smoothing on some ink around the page edges with a soft, clean rag. You can add more ink as you desire. I also tapped the edges with the ink pad itself.
2) I stamped the botanical images onto the album and tags.
3) Using another flourish stamp, I added some detail.

By adding the stamped images throughout the mini-album, this provides the continuity the album needs but still allows the bride to add her own decorative touches and photos. I included some stamped, co-ordinating tags for her to use in the manner she would like - again, giving her options and control as well.

In the end, the my friend has a valuable resource for after her wedding, and its something personal that we both have contributed to!

Note: available in the Silhouette Collection as shown in the Fall-Winter Idea Catalog, 2008 SU!


ANOTHER PROJECT - SAME STAMP SET.
Student Notebook and Pencil Set.
Here I have made a booklet and matching pencil set for a student. They loved it....and its easy to do.
For the pencil: measure a length of decorative paper to match the length of the pencil from below the brass collar to end. Wrap the paper around the pencil to get a good fit, then apply a thin line of glue down the side of one edge - position that on the pencil, wrap it and apply another thin line of glue to the last side and hold down till its attached {I often use tacky glue for its quick-setting time}. Decorate it with a bit of ribbon at the top and - voila!

I also as a last thought, made some stamped images they can use to decorate inside or anywhere - just like a sticker. Giving people the ability to add their own touch - to be 'interactive' with the thoughtful gifts you give is a real fun booster!

By wrapping both notebook, and pencil together it looks just so polished and they will really feel special!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: