21 February 2009

My New Favourite Make!





OK - I gave myself a personal challenge recently - and that was to 'up' my game and create 'the' card - and to create a set which includes a scrapbook page. So I put my energies into creative mode and thought and thought 'real' hard .......because I also wanted to move away a little from my norm.
Out in the shopping malls, I have noticed a trend that to me says 'home-spun' where objects are decorated using earthy fabrics, natural colours and then bursts of colours, fun buttons, stitched edges.....like a sock-monkey gone wild, lol!

And using that as my inspiration, I turned to one of my fav themes - birds! Which led me directly to my latest toy from my Stampin' Up! catalog, the Bigz Dies from the Big Shot and this one is called: Birds w/ Leaves with Flower [***see details below if your interested in owning one] Also is another fav Bigz Die, Top Note.
Tonight I am off to my upline's studio, called Craftin Caro and the lovely hostess Caroline has asked us to bring along a card sample for her studio's display boards - she has a huge, huge wall of great samples......and so I am bringing along this one.

One of the 'extra' touches I dreamed up for this card, is how I bordered the ribbon with piercing and then hand-stitiched in some crochet thread over top.

I am pleased as punch with myself over this one - thanks for looking.
Beverly
Beverly's Stamping Beehive

*Instructions will be posted shortly if you want to re-create this card.


To Purchase Supplies for this Card:

Stampin' Up! Big Shot, Bigz Dies =

  • Top Note #113463 page 196 and

  • Bird w/ Leaves and Flower #113465 page 197.

If you want to order these see my link on the side or you may email me. Feel free to ask about any details or other products you are interested in knowing about.

3 comments:

Selkie said...

I love this..the colours are so fresh and bright and the patterned paper on the bird is really nice!

Beverly's Stamping Beehive said...

Thank you Colleen! I am trying to brighten up around here with all of our snow!

The pattern on the bird is a stamped pattern - using a stamp from the set Boho Blossoms, another favourite - oooh, I think I have maybe 'many' favs, lol!

creationsceecee said...

That stitched ribbon is very cool, Beverly. Beautiful card!
CC

Post a Comment

Template by: