23 March 2009

Love You Much Swap-style Mini-Project












Playing around with my Stampin' Up! "Love You Much" Stamp set - again!!
I was interested in putting a "swap" style little somethin' together - something a little different than what I am used to these days. Originally, these babies should of made it to Hawaii when my upline Caroline left the other day to attend Stampin' Up!'s big Incentive Trip for all thos 'High Earners" - {darn! I'll make it one year soon!}....but unfortunately, I didn't make it in time to give them to her. So I'll save these for another time.
Also, I wanted to be slightly different than an ATC - or Artist Trading Card for you who may not have heard of them....because I have made a ton of ATC's in the past. So for that reason, my mind came up with these - and I really like them! I think I could just hand them to someone as a sort of friendly "hi - you're neat" or just as the back says: "friend to friend".

Pink and Orange are always one of my favourite combo's - especially either with a distressed look or especially tropical look! So I chose cardstock in this catalog's IN COLOR's 'Pink Pirouette' to start.
I made some 'blanks' and cut them into 'frames'. Next I edged them with colour in 'Pink Passion' and another in 'Pumpkin Pie'. For the 'inserts': I used 'Whisper White' paper and stamped my images on its front, - I used the masking technique to arrange the small dotted background {only stamp from the "Polka Dots and Paisley" set}. I then did the back choosing a sentiment, 'friend to friend'. One thing I did while stamping the birds - I used markers instead which gave me control over the placement of color - notice the wings are part chocolate and part pink! After stamping the dotted background on an ink pad, I went over top of a few select areas with the pink marker as well. I 'huffed' on the stamp both times to make sure the ink was nice and ready to stamp with. One good even press onto paper - excellent! I inserted the finished ones between two frames.
Before gluing the frames together, I wound a bit of off-white floss around the front frame, and a short piece of ribbon. I purposely chose SU!'s red/white striped grosgrain ribbon because otherwise - too much pink, and we can't have that! I flipped a piece of ribbon back and first tried to staple it into position, but ended up tacking it with some thread. The second one I did I totally skipped the staple - maybe you might like to staple it - experiment!

Lastly, I added some more 'embellishments' - I chose to use some 'chocolate' color and turned to my stash of " Bella Rose " Designer Papers - they're so delicious that I have used these papers to decorate through out my home, especially last Christmas! {my house has the same green in it and I love - love- love polka dots}..............ANYways, I wanted to add something else, so taking my paper, I then brought out my 'ROUND TAB Punch' and made the tab and put a little brad in it for interest, and a few hearts were punched out with the HEART to HEART Punch and sprinkled around.

Voila! I am making a few of these - they could also be little recipe cards or filing cards too - so maybe I will think of using them for one of those purposes next - I do have a new office/craft room in the works, so who knows!
But make some for your own reasons! Have fun :)
Beverly
beverly's stamping beehive
Stampin' Up Demonstrator









0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: