10 July 2009

Finding Inspiration and Making it Your Own










My friend Caroline inspired me today with her posting of the beautiful 'A Rose is a Rose ' card featured in Stampin' Up!'s catalogue and although I had been musing about doing a large floral card lately - when I saw thiss, I thought - great! I don't have to think this out - I can try this card for myself!

Now - this is where we 'work with what we have' ....it doesn't have to be spot on - you use your own supplies and imitate and initiate some of yourself into the card. Caroline is featuring the Paper Piercer Tool that Stampin' Up! carries (its only $4.50 - great tool for your must have list) and she made a full circle on her card - I decided to opt for part of a circle - and all I did was trace a martini glass - LOL!

I used my own Fifth Ave Floral rose stamp - its quite substantial - and added some silver brads. A good rule of thumb is to add embellishments in an uneven number - balances your design without looking too symmetrical.

So there it is - when YOU visit blogs for inspiration - enjoy your craft time afterwards and "MAKE IT YOUR OWN!'
Have a rosy day! :)

Beverly


Stampin' Up! Supplies: cardstock: Sahara Sand, Real Red, So Saffron, Bashful Blue, Kiwi Kiss Patterns (retired), Kiwi Kiss (retired); colouring : White Craft Ink,Stampin' Pastels, glitter; embellishments: silver brads, filigree silver brads; craft tools: paper piercer; Signo Uni-ball Pen in white, Blender Pens, Craft & Rubber Scissors, 2-Way Glue Pen


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: