30 August 2009

Call for Action - Butterfly Project - for the Houston Holocaust Museum

IN an effort to remember the 1.5 million children who perished due to the Holocaust, the Houston Holocaust Museum is collecting 1.5 million handmade butterflies to be part of an exhibit currently scheduled Spring 2012.

I recently discovered this project - you can read about it HERE and I thought how fabulous this project is!  It's going to be breath-taking I am sure when they display the 1.5 million butterflies - all handcrafted and donated - that they will have received.

I am not sure of the official count of the butterflies they have right now, but I am going to add my butterfly to the bunch - and.....

IF ANYONE FOLLOWING THIS POST WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE....YOU CAN  SEND ME A BUTTERFLY TO CONTRIBUTE, I CAN COLLECT THEM AND SEND THEM ALONG WITH MINE. I WILL DO SO BY NOV. 15TH.  Contact me at: bstampingbeehive@gmail.com


THE BUTTERFLIES CAN BE UP TO 8X10 IN MAXIMUM, AND OF ANY MATERIAL EXCEPT - DO  N O T   INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING IN YOUR BUTTERFLY PROJECT: 
    glitter  (awww shucks) 
     food items ( even dried pasta)


I can understand that.....glitter is hard to clean up and as we all know - it gets everywhere, and food esp. starch is attractive to bugs - those critters will attack the book binding glues - they are annoying!  So no food for the bugs! 


Well - so many worthy causes but this one will be wonderful for kids themselves to do - I can imagine they will have tons from schools from - everywhere!  It would be so lovely to live in Houston to see it for oneself.


Thanks for listening,
Beverly

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: