28 August 2009

A Party…? Part 3.

Oh No! or Oh Yes! – whichever your feelings sway to….the last summer week-end is here!   Unless you extend it to next week-end before the students go to school…???

So that means, I must give up the third part in my series for decorating your table and of course, what celebration – esp. for the young at heart doesn’t have treats?

                   CANDY BAGS

Here is how I grabbed some economical candy and dressed it up!

            Party II Candy Pop Bottle 015 (2)

Supplies:

no-name candy ( I am using a sugared fruit gummy)

cellophane candy bags

cardstock in co-ordinating colours

Stampin’ Up! “Yummy” stamp set & ink

Big Shot  + Bigz Die “Top Note

Optional – slot punch, 1” circle punch, ribbon

Technique:

After running the Top Note die through my super-duper Big Shot a few times to press out several cuts, I folded the die shapes in half along the short end.  (if you don’t have a die-cutting machine – design a template on paper and trace & cut your own shapes) ..

Party II Candy Pop Bottle 001

I always practice stamping a new stamp but I have used this one many times….so lining up my stamp  to fit the folded cardstock, I stamped the phrase – which by the way is designed to fit the Top Note shapes exactly. Sweet.

Fill your candy bags with a scoop or two of candy, fold down and staple shut.  Place the folded die-cut over the top and with double-sided adhesive press it to stay in place – that’s it

                          straw name tags party 011

If you want – you can dress them up further by adding ribbon – I strung a couple pieces of ribbon through slots on each side. I used a circle punch and wrote the name of a guest or it could be the ‘birthday girl’ and attached to the front. 

Party II Candy Pop Bottle 002

Party II Candy Pop Bottle 007 (2)

There are many ways to go about this – design your own ideas :) However, it does elevate a simple treat into something special!!!

Enjoy the week-end !

xx Beverly

For more Big Shot projects – check out my classes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: