27 August 2009

A Party?…..Ideas for decorating the table and party treats. Part 2.

Back for more…..and I will speed it up because the looooooong week-end is nearly here!  I want to laugh – and cry – because its another week-end, but our last of our official summer!!!  Feeling torn – BUT – there is no confusion about having great and fun options for easy table decorating!  So here we go! :)

Especially for fun times, today I am showing off a pop bottle recycling project!

Take your average  2 L soda pop bottle, label removed – an empty or one with the drink still in it – you will be decorating the bottle only so if you use an empty one,  fill it with homemade or store bought punch….OR….use it as a vase and make a cute display with a sprig of flowers, and leaves.  Easy!  Remember – your imagination can fill in where I leave off …..

CLICK ON PICTURES FOR LARGER VIEWS!

Supplies:

2 Litre Soda Pop Bottle;                                                       (2) 12x12” decorative papers                       adhesive;                                                                               Big Shot Bigz Flowers,Daisies #2 Die {substitute a fabric flower};                                                                                    small circle punch;                                                                                    flower sequin and brad;                                                                                      ink or chalk.                                                                                      [* Stampin’ Up! Supplies include Big Shot Die, punch]

 Technique  -

I will let the pictures show what I have done as it is fairly easy – but a quick run down would be: remove label from pop bottle and  cut paper to wrap and re-cover the bottle – this is the main band.

misc july stamps party projects 011

misc july stamps party projects 018

misc july stamps party projects 020

Cut a co-ordinating narrow strip of paper (#2) as the belt connecting to the flower.  I tore the edges gently all down the length for added interest.

misc july stamps party projects 021

Next – create the main focal point – the flower using the Big Shot and Bigz Die, Flower, Daisies #2.  I layered the flower pieces and held them together with a floral sequin and brad and attached it to the belt.

misc july stamps party projects 029

I followed the design from one of the plates – and chose my colours that way. To match the design of the plates, I inked on a  deeper blue to the edges of my lighter blue paper. I also brought in the deeper red with my choice of sequin and brad.

Party II Candy Pop Bottle 008 (2)

Party II Candy Pop Bottle 012

My theme – a real kaleidoscope of colours – its party! ! 

So with  the simplest of supplies – you can have a festive mood with the extra custom touches your guests will notice and enjoy!

Next ….stayed tuned!  Part 3!

*** Classes are available all year, contact me for details or follow my blog for monthly posting of class schedules or check out the links on the blog to my Stampin’ Up! Service Website – on the left column! Thank you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: