1 September 2009

"Friends are like Purses" Scrapbook Page

Hi - Happy Sept 1rst!

Can you believe it - its here!   And we have so much to do around here - just oodles of stuff, will get to it one at a time I suppose.....but luckily I did this project over time and now it is ready to show!   I wanted to use up some paper that was given to me as part of a RAK, and I also wanted to use my latest alphabet stamp set a bit more....the Jumble Alphabet which Stampin' Up! released early as part of their Sneak Peek when the new catty came out.  So here it is.......and that is me, years ago,  at one of my baby showers wearing the funny 'hat'! I wonder if any of the others will see this...I can't remember who took the picture, was sort of a surprise so everything is a blur in my memory now.  Anyways, LOL - here is what I did....                                

CLICK on pictures to see them larger......



I used the alphabet for the names Friends and purses - and - I used the 'S' as a border at the bottom - neat, huh?  It's literally the 'S' on its side, one after another.

I also used a retired floral set to make background details on the page esp. at the upper and lower corners. And I made even more subtle details in a very soft pink - a stamp wheel on the Friends and lots of distressing around edges - that sort of thing.  I like to layer - its something you can do in any manner you like - just play around.                                      
                                      
The final detail was to use my Big Shot and one of my recent dies, the Flowers, Daisies #2.  It adds some real ooomph I think.    So that's it - I enjoyed musing about how to tie the purses from the paper sent to me into my life's scrapbook - and I believe I did it, so next time you see some paper with a motif on it, think about how it might tie into your life's story!

Cheers!




Stampin' Up! Supplies: die = Flowers, Daisies #2; cardstock/designer patterns 12x12 paper= Passion Pink & Certainly Celery Designer Series Patterns paper; ink: Passion Pink, Tempting Teal, Lavender Lace, Certainly Celery, Old Olive; Stampin' Write Markers (handwriting): Lavender Lace, Passion Pink, Certainly Celery; accessories: Roller Wheel Handle, silver brads, gem brad, adhesive.                                          Stamp Sets : Jumble Alphabet,  Friendship Blooms (retired), Roller Wheel 'Illuminated'

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: