22 October 2009

Embossing Snowflakes

Hello everyone!

I have been awfully busy - preparing for this Sunday's Welcome Wagon Bridal Show but I am also just as excited by upcoming Christmas projects, so inbetween bridal style creations, I have been playing with my christmas toys! 

I was inspired by the amazing talents of a designer whose works are responsible for some of Sizzix's and the Big SHot's top sellers - the pop-ups!  Her name is Karen Burniston...maybe I've already mentioned her here, probably. Anyways, she did this beautiful gray & white pop-up exploding box project, and card.

Not wanting to do such an ambitious project as the exploding box today, I scaled it down to the card she featured - and so without further ado, here is my version!



I really liked the colour combo - its different.....however the embossing  is such great fun!   The deeper grey tones against embossed white snowflakes is really, really pretty in person.  I did the background, in clear embossed snowflakes on a lighter grey called Going Gray

You can come to a class and do this yourself - there is nothing in my opinion like embossing for Christmas. I started doing it long time ago for snow accents, fell in love and have continured doing it, practically a tradition now. Its second to glitter, LOL!



Stampin' Up! Supplies:  snowflake stamp, Stampin' Emboss Powder in White (#109132) and CLear (#109130); Basic Gray and Going Gray and Whisper White 8-1/2x11 cardstock (from our Neutrals cardstock bundle #108588), Filigree Brads (#112577); Organza Ribbon (#114319)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: