1 November 2009

Happy H-owl-lidays Card

This card came as a total surprise to me. That happens & when it works... it so much fun!

I was really trying a technique with my punches. I tried to make a scallop 'wreath' shape by punching a circle and then bordering the circle with the 'slit' punch.  When I managed that, it left behind this scalloped circle 'negative' space.

I thought - "I'm sure I could use that for something - works like a frame..."    And that is what I did...when I was deciding on 'what' it should frame, my mind eventually wandered to "birds on a branch" and then to "owls on a branch" because I had my lil owl from the ANIMAL STORIES stamp set (SU). 

So, I masked one owl before stamping the second, filled in the gap using my blender pen and made the hats by cutting out the pieces & gluing into place. A little glitter 'natch!

After the owls were in place, I drew the branch and berries with our markers in Close-to-Cocoa and Real Red.   And there they are!  Little sweethearts, lol!

So this option is great for all kinds of your photo's, small stamps, greetings...have fun!






Original design by Beverly Taylor.  Contact me for classes!  All supplies by Stampin' Up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: