23 February 2010

Stampin' Up!'s fantastic Season of Friendship

Hey everyone!

Today my friend Hilton dropped by with something I needed to borrow and it reminded me today how to be grateful for friends!  Hilton has been like a surrogate grandfather to my daughter ever since she was knee-high to a grasshopper, and he has been selflessly doing wonderful things for us - and we hope we are doing lovely things back.

And being reminded of this simple fact, that friends - true friends - are a blessing, today I am showing a card I made last month. I made it along with a young girl actually, and hers came out just terrific. So its a simple card but the trick is to make it look more sophisticated than it really is - if you want to really impress someone (wink)!

The trick I like to use?  Just one of many, here it was cutting out small bits and layering them on top - like the tiny bird and flowers. It also helps to frame the "greeting" and give it a place of importance.

I knew this card would be multi-coloured because of the 4 seasons represented - so I kept the background colours down to 2 - IN COLORs Soft Suede and Bermuda Bay. And we stamped on the perpetual favourite, Whisper White! :)



I think this would be a super card to give someone!  Imagine how'd they feel unfolding this card from the envelope!  Give it a try!









Stampin' Up! supplies:  Season of Friendship stamp set; cardstocks: Bermuda Bay, Soft Suede, Whisper White; various Classic Ink Pads; Stampin' Dimensionals

2 comments:

Cate said...

Gorgeous card! I lovely all the colours together.

Beverly's Stamping Beehive said...

Thank you! It's a cool stamp set - so many possibilities...I am sure I will not discover them all but I'm tryin'!:)

I'll be entering your name in my April Blog goodie basket contest - you can read about it in an older post, but each trimester I am making up a goodie basket - so that means April 30 I announce a winner. More comments = more chances for entering! So stay tuned!

Post a Comment

Template by: