27 March 2010

Lovely ORNAMENT PUNCH 'ROSE' in a TEACUP - Advanced Technique

Look at this great idea. Our ORNAMENT PUNCH has been featured by many talented crafters as a means to make a ROSE FLOWER!
How neat is that!

Sooooo...I have been on a creative roll lately, plus I wanted to make something special for a friend of mine, Caroline. And I wanted to have a good challenge.

Now there are several ways to use this punch as a flower - many of which are a lot simplier than what I have done.  But if you've been a crafter for awhile, you should challenge yourself especially if you give classes - you can't expect it from others if you don't do it yourself!

It took me awhile - the petals were the most challenging. I was working 'blind' - no template, no instructions...and so each petal was a small engineering job in itself. Do I roll the petal this way or fold it that way? Should I tilt it this time or lay it straight...and so on.  To make matters interesting - I chose to make another at the same time, using crushed paper {I took a paper and squashed it over and over, then inked the creases with a sponge to distress it ....continue till the paper is 'pliable'}.  It was easy because while one flower was waiting for some glue to dry, I worked on the other one.

Before the night was done, I was finished both. However, for my gift flower, I moved on to the next part, placing it in such a way as to make a nice presentation. And in the end, the teacup flower was born!

Well - its done, and I believe she really liked it!

 I am totally going to make more of them. :)





Stampin' Up! Supplies:
Punch - Ornament (NEW from Christmas Mini Catalogue), Trio Flower (mini pink flower)
Equipment - The Big Shot
Dies - Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslit Die (NEW from Occasions Mini Catalogue),
Bigz Beautiful Butterflies Die, Scallop Circle Die (green collar), Bird with Leaves and Flower (stem),  

Cardstock - Bridal Specialty Paper {white}, various Good Neighbour Patterns, Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Pretty in Pink (for flower in background)
Stamp - Well Scripted (Occasions Mini catalogue) 
Ink - Melon Mambo
Other - tiny gems, ceramic teacup votive candle holder.


- LEARN CRAFT IDEAS LIKE THIS ...COME TO CLASS! - 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: