16 April 2010

Box with Flower

If you happened to see the post below about sponging up embossed paper with ink - swiping the ink away to reveal the embossed pattern again, then you will recognize that I used this idea once more on my box lid!

In fact, that is how this box came to be!  I started inking and created 2 small squares of our Bridal Paper in white, re-inked to a pinky-red and a yellow.

Then I tripped over a small lid in my drawer. It has been there about a year!  It was made using our mini-scallop envelope, and I guess I got distracted and left it - or maybe I ran out of inspiration.

However - armed with the two pieces of scrap paper and a box lid - I had inspiration at last! The squares fit perfectly inside the box lid - and this all culminated in my creating this box. What I also think is nifty is the flower I stuck on top. That's an idea my daughter pointed out to me in a gift store - a small photo album had a fake flower on its cover. I was on a roll!  I decided to add beads - so with soft bead wire, I created the little beaded corners (this requires patience! but its not all that hard).

So with a few tweaks and a few twists, I finished my box and it is sitting in my china cabinet, now I just need an occasion to use it for - it would make a really nice gift box don't you think?

Thanks for dropping by!

Cheers!













Stampin' Up! Supplies
Cardstock - Crushed Curry, Bridal Specialty Paper (white), Soft Suede
Ink - Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry
Punch - 5-Petal Flower and Trio Flower and punches 
Equipment = The Big Shot, Scalloped Envelope Bigz Die,
Tabletop Cutter, Crop-a-Dile
Other - glue
Non-SU supply - rags, beads, wire, fabric flower, gem brad

- LEARN GREAT IDEAS LIKE THIS BY COMING TO A CLASS! - 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: