28 May 2010

Baby Scrapbook Layout and DIY " Top Note " Frame

Hello to everyone out there on this nice Friday evening!  I am going outside for my evening walk with Pepper but not before I bring out my craft results from today!  I'm really happy about this one too! Here's why....

As Stampin' Up! Demonstrators, we're entitled to receive a monthly glossy magazine, Stampin Success - and I tell you - I look forward every month to receiving mine, lol. Last December's mag, showcased our Artisan Award winners who had been given a challenge and a new stamp set from SU!

One of these lucky ladies was Demonstrator Shanna Jensen  with her pretty scrapbook page featuring a "Love You Much Frame"  - and the frame is made using 4 TOP NOTE die-cuts - and I loved it!!!

I kept this idea in the back of my head until this morning, I just got inspired to create one for myself!

Here's Shanna's inspiring project which if you notice features her putting her own 'stamp' on the Designer Paper - now isn't it just lovely?




And here is mine.....I love it! 



{Yeah....that's me and my toots long time ago! She calls it her 'unicorn hairdo' ! }


This is a nice way to frame a picture without the need to own a large-sized die-cut frame. You could make it as big as you need.  Shanna seems to have cut her frame to fit 'outside' of her picture - or with the picture mounted behind. 
I chose to mount my picture on 'top' of the frame - and here is how I made it......

1. Cut out 4 Top Note diecuts using the 'TOP NOTE' Die (see our catalogue) for the Big Shot. 

TAKE A CLOSER LOOK - CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE 



2. Assemble the die-cuts together - layering them to over-lap, and aligning the curve outline in a pleasing fashion. Don't worry - it sort of 'falls' into place :)

See like this: 


Continue till all 4 are secured together:



Now I try not to cut or glue all of my pictures if I am using the originals, so I made photo-corners and attached those to a layer of beige patterned paper: 


Now I can glue this paper frame to the larger pink one, but  first some stamping! 

If you wish to do as Shanna and I have, pick a nice stamp that you can repeatly stamp to create a border. 

I chose our WEDDING SWEET stamp set because it has co-ordinating flourishes in several sizes - this works great to create an entire project with the same design but featuring different areas of interest. I stamped my paper borders with the smaller stamp and used the the largest stamp on the TOP NOTE FRAME.  

Once I finished stamping the frame, I put 4 small slits into it and inserted my photo layer - again no glue but it will stay there and gives me the chance to change photos!

I finished the whole piece with selections from my stash such as 
 some fab ribbon I found on sale one day!  

I stamped the " LOVE YOU MUCH " - a stamp featured in our OCCASIONS Mini Cataloque, the "Well Scripted"  and a cute little birdcage from another stamp set, " HAPPY MOMENTS".  Shanna has used the bird cage from Stampin' Up!'s "CHIC BOUTIQUE" set. 

So I really like both of our versions - this layout is terrific, and could be used for so many things. 

ALTERNATIVE USES

I am also going to make more TOP NOTE FRAMES - because....I thought the frame can stand alone on its own - punch a couple of holes - and voila, you have a wall frame!  How cute would that be - even a whole series of them in a little girl's room!  

Hope you enjoyed visiting today! 

If you'd wish for anything here shown today - contact me! I'll be happy to help you. 


1 comments:

Shanna said...

Beverly, cute project! I love how you took my idea and made it your own! That's part of what I love about being a demo, sharing ideas with each other! Keep up the good work!

Post a Comment

Template by: