28 July 2010

Happy Birthday Gift Bag using Sweet Treat Cups

Helllooooo!

Here's another SNEEK PEEK to a project
that will be on display at my
 OPEN HOUSE 
- COMING UP THIS SUNDAY - AUG 1  




First - want to know the secret for ador-able cards or projects like this?  Add treats!

It's seriously easy by using Stampin' Up!s Sweet Treat Cups!  You fill the Sweet treat Cup with some goodies and adhere it to your project.   There are several clever Stamp Sets that are designed to use the Cups as part of the image - first stamp and then punch out a hole using a circle or heart shape punch, and insert the treat cup like I have done here.

 I decided to make up my own design although I do have a co-ordinating stamp set, but I chose to punch out a circle and transform the treat cup into a flower!  And our beautiful coloured BRIGHTS BUTTONS really jazz it up!




Rather than make a card, I made a ' topper ' for a gift bag - one of those non-descript bags you can buy in the 'Party Supplies' section - and look at it NOW!   Just have to filler up and I'm all set to go :)

Since I purchase these bags when they are reduced - this whole project cost me about $1.60 - so CUTE and inexpensive for a CUSTOM GIFT BAG THAT HAS SWEET ALL OVER IT!!!!   

So for the cost of peanuts - or "candy" - you can give a gift in such a fun way.  I love that, and you'll probably be right there when they see their candy and their eyes light up - that's what its all about! :)


SEE YOU AT MY OPEN HOUSE!!!!




Cost of the project - 50 cents for bag; scraps of cardstock and ribbon - 50 cents; 4 buttons from "Brights" Collection - (4 0f 72 buttons) - 50 cents;  tiny amount of ink and adhesive - negligible; candy - 10 cents  = approx. $1.60 


STAMPIN' UP! Supplies: 1-3/4 " Circle Punch; 5 Petal Flower Punch; Razzleberry Lemonade Designer Paper; NEW 'Brights' Buttons; Whisper White and Real Red Cardstock; Hostess "Playful Pieces" Level II clear stamps; Wild Wasabi + Real Red + Peach Parfait Ink, Sticky Strip Adhesive, glue.


NOTE:  You can also purchase Sweet Treat padded envelopes to hold your creations if you wish to mail them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: