28 January 2011

Love You Much Valentine Card

Hello Crafting Friends!

I do not have my newest order yet, so I had to dig around for Valentine themed stamps from my current collection.....which is just fine because when we buy stamps, they should take us from year to year, time after time.

LOVE YOU MUCH is a recognizable and popular stamp set from STAMPIN' UP! and is in our current catalogue.  However I used just one stamp for this card - the love birds, and I just luv em!  They are the cutest couple!
Together with a Bigz die, the Scalloped Circle and our Circle Scissors Plus tool, I made my card. Inks, marker, chalks...the ol' favourites are all here.

I also employed a new tool - a lid!  Ha ha - that's right, a highly technical tool!

Here is what I did.......

I layered some paper onto whisper white cardstock - by turning the paper clockwise til one end juts above the fold line, trimming the edges. I am keeping the cut off corners to see if I want to do something with them...perhaps layer them on the corners? Or maybe not ;)

I cut Pretty in Pink cardstock with the Scallop Circle die in my Big Shot machine, I also 
cut a 3-3/4 inch circle with the Circle Scissors Plus tool on the glass mat. 
I stamped the birds using Basic Black ink and then using a LID, I traced the edge of the lid to create 
a telephone line - or a clothing line right at the birds feet....trace edge to edge! 

The birds are coloured with markers (Pretty in Pink) and chalk (Bashful Blue) and 
the heart is stamped in Rose Red.  The heart stamp with the flourish came from TINY TAGS stamp set. 
The black FLOWER BRAD is from our Naturals Flower Brads collection. 
I think the black colour helps to make the other colours stand out! 

Stamped "love" from TINY TAGS as well.
Mount the Scallop Circle Love Birds to the card base 
slightly off the top edge, secure with the brads. 

Add a black, sheer ribbon and tie. 
Center the bow...or off to the side! 


Aww....


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: