20 May 2011

Truck Driver Card

Already making a Father's Day Card - but for good reason.  A friend lives out of town and I wanted them to not have to dig around for a card this coming Father's Day.

Their dad is a truck driver of a big rig!   So I approached this in a novel way.....first I downloaded an image of a big rig from a colouring book site {see below}.  Yes - these are for the little ones to colour!  But then - I printed the image and cut a border around it AND then drew in some basic scenery!



Here is a downloaded image - close to the one I used - from a coloring book website. 
"google" your subject - be sure to add the word 'image' so: "big rig image" is how I searched for mine and then click on IMAGES in the upper left side of Google's page - and you will see tons of images to choose from, look for a colouring image, not a photo picture - and you're done!  Right Click on image and select "Save Image" - you will then find the image in your saved picture files - mine shows up under 'Recently Changed'.  Select it and choose Print. 



Stampin' Up's AQUA PAINTER BRUSH did the next trick, along with our WATERCOLOUR PENCILS!

I sketched some colour in to the various areas - nothing fancy, as I love to use a painting technique where colouring in the lines is not required!  The looser your technique - the better!

Once coloured - I "prepped" the Aqua Painter Brush by tapping and squeezing til water wets the actual bristles of the brush {you'll see a drop of water emerge}......and then I lightly went over the coloured areas, creating a watercolour effect as I went along.  Very easy to do!


CLICK on picture to see CLOSE-UP. 


I layered the painted piece onto cardstocks, and made a few additional ACCENTS!   The COMPASS STAMP is from one of our more recent stamp sets and the CIRCLEs are from our 1 Inch Punch with our SILVER BRADS.

--------------- 

TIP - it is much better to "stamp" an image in one of our water-resistant inks {Basic Gray, Basic Black or even Stazon Ink} - but in a pinch, be careful to avoid smearing the ink of the image with the water.  Not that hard, and a light smearing is fine - don't panic!  Cuz what is the rule of hand-made?  THERE ARE NO MISTAKES!

Thanks for stopping by!   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: