27 June 2011

Farewell Card and Mini Photo Journal for Glen Ayre's Minister

Here is a small set I made recently to give as a parting memento to our church's Visiting Minister Darren Leopold.  At Glen Ayre United Church, our church's Minister has been temporarily occupied by Darren Leopold and although it hasn't been very long, Darren has been a welcome addition and a lovely person. We have enjoyed his ministry and I was sad that I had to miss his farewell gathering today because of the darn flu I've been 'lucky' to receive!  I know the church members were looking forward to today so they could be there and be counted among those wishing to give Darren a fond farewell.  Or perhaps not farewell, as hopefully we'll see Darren again soon.

CLICK ON PHOTOS TO SEE A LARGER VIEW


Planning for today, I made this card last week and we passed it around the pews during sermon time and just about everyone signed the card. I really should of made it larger - but it's amazing how many signatures can be squeezed in there when you have to, lol!  And hopefully a few more missing signatures were added today.
Of course, I thought I would be there today, but at least my friend, Louella came by and I trusted everything with her.




Since I had a week extra, I made the Mini Photo Journal.  I was aiming to make this masculine yet evoking summer!  I chose to incorporate some nautical colours and stripes and some really nice stainless steel accents!  To do this, the colour palate was Stampin' Up!'s: Pacific Point, Night of Navy, Marina Mist, Real Red and Whisper White.

I made the stripes using 4 'ribbon' clear rubberstamps.
First I arranged a pair on my largest clear block.
Then I stamped them in Real Red Ink and proceeded to stamp down the length of  a strip of Whisper White cardstock.
Next I arranged a second pair of ribbon stamps - slight variations - and inked those in Marina Mist Ink and repeated the process by stamping in the blank areas left between the red stripes.
Voila - a full set of nautical-inspired stripes!
 [TIP: you could do this with a ruler and markers - we carry them in all the colours as Stampin' Up! is very co-ordinated focused!]


I thought our newest Designer Series Paper Beyond the Garden made a fine counterpoint to the red/blue solids and stripes.  But I really enjoyed bringing out the nice, shiny JUMBO CIRCLE BRADS - both the  XL circle brads and the STAR BRADS which hold the Mini-Photo Journal together.  They really zing I thought and embraced the nautical feel once more!

Inside I made a few pages which can be used for various reasons. Inside the Front Cover, I placed some hand-made photo corners - just waiting for a perfect photo!



Then I made a Pocket-Page in the Pacific Point blue cardstock.  
Here are the rest of the pages, a bit of Kraft cardstock was added to give a more down-to-earth feeling, and stamped with some travel icons but the 'journey' can be a life journey as well!  We all take journeys - both real and spiritual! 





If you plan on a similar project, may I suggest that you include some hand-made Photo Corners and a spare label or two?  This would help them to retain the same feel to the journal - but I am sure it will look spectacular no matter how they - and in this case, how Darren will fill in his journal! 

If you read this Darren, I hope your journey crosses path with ours again - thanks for everything! 

HOW to make PHOTO CORNERS
-Take a small strip of cardstock of a desired width:
 a) bend one end back toward the center; and at the centerpoint,
 b) twist it's top edge straight down, 90 degrees
-Press the diagonal crease. 
-Repeat on the other end, folding 90 degrees downwards alongside the first end. {to create a sharp point, the two edges of each flap should meet in the center - but you can also leave a small gap}

You need a small strip of paper for each photo corner, and you will glue the finished photo corner's back flaps into place onto your project - but do not glue to your photo's!

CLICK ON ABOVE TO SEE LARGER

A note on supplies:   our Star Brads are on sale, see our Clearance section [Stampin' Up! online only]
This Designer Series Paper will be in our NEW Catalogue July 1rst - carried over from our Summer Mini!   "Beyond the Garden " - I really love the whole collection - the freestyle of the print, the colours and all the goodies you can match up with this! 

There is even matching EMBOSSING POWDER!!!  Hello! 

Would you like some sturdy, archival quality cardstock?  Stampin' Up! carries a tremendous amount of cardstock - I'd love to sleep in the racks, and racks of all that paper in their warehouse - love the smell of paper, lol!  And the colours!!! 

                 


If you'd like to start this fabulous hobby - or require more supplies, AND would love to receive our  N E W    C A T A L O G U E  this J U L Y   1rst, I will be pleased to help you!  Ask me any question - big or small - contact me by email, and happy stamping!  

Crafter-noons Everyone! 
TAYLOR  B.

craftroomafternoons@gmail.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: