6 July 2011

Another Handmade Card for my Aunt - Beyond the Garden Designer Paper

It's time for a card for my dear Aunt Elsie!  At her lovely age of 97, I want to send as many cards as I should.

I turned again to using my Stampin' Up! Designer Series Papers - they are always reliable for making your handmade projects look as nice as can be!  You receive 12 papers - 2 of each of the 6 double-side designs!  They really go a long way if you are using the papers for different sized projects, or whether you are strictly using them for scrapbooking - just as they are!

Here I am using one of the pretty floral patterns in BEYOND THE GARDEN DSP - with the delicious colours of Wild Wasabi, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango and one of my favs, Pacific Point - I always lean towards those ocean blues!  You can find the papers on page 23 of our SUMMER MINI CATALOGUE effective until Aug 31rst!

OK!  I wanted to allow the Designer Paper's patterns to do most of the design - and focus on ACCENTS! I have in my arsenal, a collection of pretty pastel sequins which I have owned for ages, I kid you not, it must be 6 years or more!
So I grabbed needle & thread, my sequins, and all supplies and headed to the coffee shop where I have my favourite table....and in the time it took me to have a coffee, I was done.

I stitched the sequins onto the Beyond the Garden paper of choice, in a pleasant manner near the top right side.  I already had chosen my 'g r e e t i n g ' which said: "Happiness Always" and stamped it in co-ordinating colour, Melon Mambo and punched it out with our DECORATIVE LABEL Punch!

As well I brought along two lengths of ribbon in Marina Mist and Regal Rose - they are close enough to the colours in the pattern!

Finally, I poked a series of holes along the edges for a more subtle accent on the Garden Green CARD BASE.



Now as I was photographing the card, I could see another recently-made card off to the side shelf.  Hmmm, same papers - so I brought it over to show a comparison of the two patterns from the BEYOND THE GARDEN Designer Series Patterns {if you look - the background of these photos is another pattern from the same collection!}

See?


Two cards using the same collection of papers! 



That's when I noticed, I had used the SAME GREETING but in slightly different styles!!!  I didn't even notice this till now, lol!  The funny thing is, I stamped the greetings away from home at another person's place, so how funny that I didn't notice it then!

The last greeting in pink, is from the current STAMPIN' UP! SUMMER MINI - the last page, and its in the stamp set HAPPY GREETINGS!

Now I also know, and this I did notice - is that the 'same' greeting is also in another size, slightly smaller from last years Mini Catalogue!  So I guess that means there are 3 versions! 

Don't know why that fascinates me - just does, lol!


CONTACT ME TO ORDER - AND BOOK A WORKSHOP & HAVE SOME FUN!!!!

Crafternoons Friends!
TAYLOR
:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: