20 August 2011

Baby Sleeping Door Hanger with Little Additions and Stampin' Up!

Hi my friend stampers!

Here is a little something I made to take to a workshop of demo's for our display board.  I grabbed some of our pretty IN COLOR cardstock, in Pool Party and thought about how I could use our new SCORE TOOL to create a quick and easy project.

So I naturally thought about a folding project!  That's why we mostly want scoring tools, righty-o? Yes, of course!  

At this point I also needed to choose a stamp set, and I want to show you a set that is NEW to STAMPIN ' UP! and its for "nursery " cards, etc. - called LITTLE ADDITIONS.  It's a darling set!   It also is versatile because it has some furniture pieces - lamp, shelf, armchair - so you could also do some 'comfy home' themes,  I am sure I will be doing that soon as well.

But - folding and a nursery stamp naturally leads to a "SSSHH! BABY SLEEPING" DOOR HANGER!

I cut a piece of cardstock in the Pool Party 6.5 inches wide by 8.5 inches long.  On the shorter side, scored at 3 and then 6 inches. This leaves the half an inch edge. Fold this half inch towards the center, and on the opposite side, bring the 3 inch scored line to line up with the 6 inch line and press all together.

Using my 1-3.4 inch CIRCLE PUNCH - I inserted it through the two layers and pressed to make a mark - then unfolded the whole piece and punched the circles individually from the indicating marks [unfortunately, we can't punch through two layers of thick cardstock] - which positions them correctly to form the door hanger opening.  It does go over the handle but I am not sure of a large knob - you may have to adjust!

I decorated my hanger after gluing it together - and there it is!  SWEET!

Hope you like!  









0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by: